A2 Short film

Friday 6 January 2012

Evaluation of film review

This is a brief evaluation of what I thought about my film reveiw.

I chose Total film magazine due to its energetic and charismatic focused writing style. I particularly love the way in which they were able to draw the reader, while cleverly analysing a film for both its technical appearance as well as the narrative of the film. Out of all the reviews I researched this was the review I felt was similar to my writing style. I liked the way they engaged the reader and the way they made the reader feel comfortable reading their magazine even if they knew nothing about films.



While creating my own version of a film review from Screen I found it particularly difficult to get the right text. I had to go through the entire list of texts on word in order for me to be able to find a font that was similar; I’m still not happy with the font I chose(Times new roman), but I think it was close. I couldn’t quite get the pattern of the grey text used for ‘The verdict’ in the magazine. I decided in the end to use normal grey font to enable me to focus on other aspects of the film review. I decided to pick an image of the two characters holding hands seeming as I felt that it summed up my review very well due to the fact that I talked about the relationship between the characters Sarah and max a lot. I think the layout the magazine had wasn’t too difficult to replicate to an armature level. I also liked the layouts natural simplicity seeming as it made the review seem more friendly.
I believed I followed the codes and conventions of a film magazine to the best of my abilities. Due to my limited supply of word programmes I don’t believe my magazine looked exactly like the real magazine, but it was very close; especially considering my armature abilities and software. In the end I was quite happy with the final version of my film review. I thought of any extra little bits that could possibly be added to a film review e.g. the date of the film review in order to ensure that my review looked as realistic as possible. This was made especially difficult due to the limited amount of time I had to finish the film review. All in all I think the film review was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment